Do you want to avoid your bland and uninviting outdoor space? Do you want to add sparkle and pizzazz to your backyard, patio, or garden area? Look no further than strip lighting! So let’s start shedding some light on elevating your exterior spaces with these outdoor strip lighting ideas from Ledia Lighting!
Tips for Choosing the Right Strip Lights
- Look for a weatherproof strip light that can withstand the elements.
- Consider the color temperature of the light. You may want a warm white light for a more inviting space or a cool white light for a more modern look.
- Choose a light with a high-lumen output to ensure your space is well-lit.
- Select a strip light with adjustable brightness to customize the lighting to your needs.
- Opt for a battery-operated light if you don’t have an outlet nearby.
Ideas for Installing and Placing Strip Lighting
If you want to add extra lighting to your outdoor space, strip lights are a great option. They’re relatively inexpensive and easy to install, and they can provide a lot of light without taking up too much space.
There are a few things to consider when installing and placing strip lights:
- Where do you want the strip of light to go? On the ground? Along a fence line? Up against the house?
- How long do you need the strip of light to be? Measure the area you want to light before purchasing your lights.
- What kind of power source do you have available? Strip lights typically require an AC power outlet, but solar-powered options are also available.
- What color temperature do you want the light to be? This is a personal preference, but most prefer cool white (6000-6500K) or warm white (3000-3500K) for outdoor lighting.
- How bright do you want the light to be? Again, this is a personal preference, but remember that too much light can be just as unpleasant as too little light. A good rule of thumb is 50 lumens per square foot.